Matt began his martial arts and fitness journey at the age of 14 years old. He has since won ameture titles, and fought internationally in BJJ and professionally in Muay Thai, and MMA. He has competed in Russia, Brazil, Panama, Thailand, and the USA; and currently competes as a part of the Canadian National Olympic Team for Muay Thai.
Continuing to further his coaching education, he has achieved certification in Functional Range Conditioning and Human Biomechanics. As a trainer he is meticulous with his attention to detail, and believes in a strong foundation of balance, footwork and fundamentals. He is motivated by seeing his clients reach their maximum potential, and passionate about making people better. One of his greatest joys in his job is seeing changes in his clients, and hearing about their progress and accomplishments from them. At Xtreme Couture, Matt seeks to bring the wealth of knowledge he has learned from all his previous coaches, training camps and experience to the table in his quest to help his clients move, feel and look better.
• 15 years working in the fitness industry
• Professional Fighter (competed in Russia, Brazil, Panama, Thailand, USA)
• Muay Thai Team Canada Representative
• Competed in WAKO(Kickboxing), IFMA(Muay Thai), World Combat Games(MMA)
• Training Muay Thai under 5 times world champion Clifton Brown
• Brown belt in BJJ under Sylvio Behring
• Certified Personal Trainer/FRC certified/Functional Patterns Certified